Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Independence Day

      In our annual fashion we went home for the 4th of July, I'm not sure much can beat the small town celebrations.  The kids had a great time, they got so loaded up on treats and prizes.  We watched fireworks on the night of the 3rd in Gunnison, we were a little worried that Ridge was not going to like the fireworks.  He proved us wrong he was mesmerized by them he just stared and was very content.   We went to both parades had a couple of BBQ's, were able to spend time with a lot of family.  I LOVE this holiday. I have decided  Presley needs some cousins so that she has a little challenge at the parade.  Growing up you had to fight for your candy and whatever else they would throw.  She is the only little kid so everyone was giving her everything.  A little spoiled if I do say so, one day we might have some cousins though, hopefully.
   This will probably be the last time that we get to be on Grandmas front porch, they are getting ready to sell her house.  That was bitter sweet it just wasn't the same with out her.  I miss her everyday, but I think a little more at certain times, the 4th was her favorite Holiday and she went all out.  I know she was in Heaven looking down and watching us.  She is truly missed and was such an amazing lady I just feel blessed to have had her in my life as long as I did. 
     It was a good Holiday and I am glad we decided to go home, even if it was a quick trip, and can't wait until next year.
 Watching the fireworks in the back of Grandpa Charlies truck.


 Getting ready for the parade to start.



 Grandma and Grandpa Snow getting to Love on Ridge.
 Grandpa Charlie gave Presley her cowboy hat and she loved it.


 LOVE these two cuties!

 My cute brothers.
 Ridge on his 3rd outfit for the day, apparently it was a messy holiday.

Presley showing off all her loot from the day, including her killer shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment